A long month

Wow, how time flies. I continued to work on several fronts throughout the month but didn't have much to share. I completed a number of Pull Requests into Total Replay to provide game help which ensured that I completed Hacktoberfest, but as I went I tried a few different methods of keeping my local repository updated with changes from 4am's upstream master. This helped improve my understanding of the mechanics of Github - Github desktop and I would like to be able to say that I have a solid process to follow that I can now document for others - but I'm still not sure if there may be a better way. I guess I can document what I do and take feedback from those that may follow.

With the end of the month looming on the calendar, I reviewed my goals and accepted that I was probably unable to meet them within the timeframe left. But I took a shot at converting my rough notes on an activity flowchart into an actual interactive flow chart to see what it may look like.

The result allows a reader to choose their own path of how they may be able to contribute to the Total Replay project. The end slide for each path contains a link to the relevant google sheet that identifies the items of that type that need assistance. I see this as way of introducing others to how they can assist in a way that focuses them on what they could achieve rather than overwhelming them with every possible opportunity.

I consider this a prototype and would appreciate feedback on the mechanic and the content. A final version of this should probably not use javascript to be more accessible to all.

Contributing to Total Replay  (This document is a Twine "story")

To be able to provide Google Sheets for all the last slides, I had to create a new sheet and create some URL short paths to sheets that did not have them yet.

I have enjoyed participating in my first RetroChallenge and look forward to my next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this all about anyway?

A long weekend!